Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Goodbye Spring Sun. Hello Snow.

It's April 21 and it snowed this morning.  I guess this is my welcome to Copenhagen.  But now, just a couple hours later, the sun is shinning again.  Nope, nevermind.  Now, it's raining again.  What the hell is happening?   

Here are images of the spring snowflakes, just in case you don't believe me:


Also, these images give you a nice view of the windows across my way referenced at the end of my initial blog.  Speaking of windows, we still do not have any curtains up on ours yet as we need a car to get to IKEA and won't have access to one until Sunday.  Therefore, I still feel like I live in a fish tank.  Today was no exception.  I deemed it too snowy to go for a run - as a beginner I welcome every excuse possible - and opted for a work out video, Hip Hop Abs, which I purchased in a moment of weakness off an infomercial.  I got sucked in by Shaun T's charm and pizzaz.  Aside from probably being the new "naked neighbor," today I put on an elaborate display of semi-coordinated moves in my living room doing Hip Hop Abs.  I tried desperately to add style and spunk to Shaun T's moves, particularly one named "The Freak."  For those of you who haven't worked out with Shaun T, you're really missing out.  To my neighbors I say, "You're Welcome."

I thought I would have months to prepare for snow here.  It's a little unsettling to see it already.  I had a list of things I wanted to do in the city today, but instead, I'm choosing to stay inside with a cup of tea and a good book.  I'm obviously not from here.  

3 comments:

  1. You could also try the ever so popular, "Hip Hop Couch," which might be a less awkward display for your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one does a better "Hip Hop Couch" than you, Lauren. No one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is so not the point of your post, but I LOVE the look of your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete